Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Grab Sack

Yelling Louder made me laugh with its look at lesser-known moments in black history.

The Star Tribune gets a look at the Vikings pre-free agency plans. Yes, we've reached a point in sports history with pre-free agency planning. The planning for the part that plans for the next season. Ce la vie.

Free Darko explores balancing love and sports (PV main squeeze Possible Flurries watches football with me all day on Sundays).

And the Fanhouse makes me think my "The Vikings could have a young competent veteran QB with potential in 2007" dreams come alive. Yes, I would be ECSTATIC if the Vikings traded for David Carr. ECSTATIC. I see no better option at QB for '07, and there is still potential for this guy stuck behind an expansion line for five years.

And finally, I'm changing my moniker back to "Pacifist Viking." I am still a vegan (cue the athlete cliches: "Nobody believed in me," "There were a lot of people who doubted me," or Tom Green's "There's a lot of people that are hoping I die today" which might have been the funniest thing I ever saw), but if you're going to have an online identity, it's good to have one clear, unified identity. So we're back to Pacifist Viking, who is still a vegan. Sorry to anybody who was bothered, annoyed, or confused.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    I was bothered, annoyed, and confused.

    That Tom Green quote came from his speech before he swam across that lake, right? That was a good one. Then they interview those kids at the end and they say "We swim across that lake every summer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Carr. I actually think he could be a Brad Johnson (good years) like. I know he had it rough in Houston, but any QB would have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep waiting for David Carr to have his breakout year.

    Now I'm beginning to wonder if he's just broken.

    ReplyDelete