Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Leaving Football for One Minute

If (and perhaps this isnt that big of an if) Johan Santana gets traded to the BOSTON Red Sox, I will officially hate the city of Boston. I would not be able to handle the fact that so many former Minnesota sports superstars were giving that city's fans so much glee.

David Ortiz, Randy Moss, Kevin Garnett, and now you are talking possibly getting Johan Santana.

If this happens I will throw all of my non-Twins enthusiasm (and I am excited about the Twins with their trading for Delmon Young who I watched play for the Durham Bulls while I was a grad student at Duke) towards the Evil Empire known as the New York Yankees. I will loathe any Boston championship that comes after they get Johan Santana if that happens.

Now that the rant is over, we now return to our regularly scheduled football musings.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:44 AM

    at least you don't have to live here during all of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Actually, I am a Minn-expat living in Boston, and I find it makes it a lot less painful that these stars are ending up here. Especially KG, who, let's face it, deserves our affection more than the T-Wolves do.

    Santana on the Yankee's, now that I couldn't stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should the State of Minnesota sue Carl Pohlad for fraud if the Twins trade Santana? Pohlad got the legislature to approve public funds for a stadium for his private team, saying he needed a stadium to be financially competitive. After having his stadium approved (and funded partly with public money), the Twins trade the most important player to building a championship...because he's too expensive? This is absurd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Well, I will await to see what transpires before judging the motivation of this proposed trade. Santana will be 29 years old on opening day. Committing 150 million to 29 year olds may not be in the best way to maximize wins, even with a new stadium's revenues on the horizon, depending on what the Twins can get in return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pitchers play until they're like 45.
    I know little to nothing about baseball, but for some reason this seems like it's true. But what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Don't get me wrong I am happy for KG, especially since the Celtics had already addressed their suckiness by adding Ray Allen.

    However, I still cannot stand seeing all of these former MN stars giving Boston fans so much glee. They already have championships, we have 2 from teh Twins in the past 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's what happens we HH and I try to talk about baseball: we get J-Rod talking about 45 year old pitchers and God knows what else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Pitchers also play every 4th or
    5th game. Lots of money when you look at that.

    ReplyDelete