Monday, September 08, 2008

Riding the Purple Rocket to the Moon

Before yesterday, I thought there were three AFC teams that would be able to stay within two touchdowns of the Vikings in this season's Super Bowl: the Patriots and the Colts because of their passing games, and the Steelers because of their defense. Today I know that only the Steelers would make the Super Bowl look competitive for a quarter and a half, and they probably won't even get there.

The starship cruise to Super Bowl 43 starts today against the Packers. I won't make any predictions about the outcome of the game: after all, I don't know who will win. But I will say this: Jared Allen will have seven sacks, Darren Sharper will have four interceptions, Tarvaris Jackson will throw four touchdown passes to Bernard Berrian, and Adrian Peterson will break his own single-game rushing record while knocking in seven rushing touchdowns. I don't know what that will mean for the score of the game: I'm a Viking fan, but I don't like to make wild predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment